Born c. 1766, son of Henry Parry, Brynllech, Llanuwchllyn, Mer. He was educated at Jesus College, Oxford (matriculated 1 June 1786, aged 20; B.A. 1790). He was vicar of Llanasa, Flintshire, for a long period, namely from 1798 until 1854; he also served as rural dean and, on 3 May 1833, became a canon of S. Asaph. He was prominent as an eisteddfodwr (see a reference in Seren Gomer, 1834, 212, to his being chairman at an eisteddfod of bards held at Holywell, 3 June 1834) and as an antiquary (there is a very brief obituary notice in Arch. Camb., 1855, 58). He edited the second edition (Oxford, 1809) of the Grammatica Britannica by Dr. John Davies (c. 1567 - 1644), of Mallwyd, first published in 1621; Parry's edition was on sale by Broster and Poole at Chester and by Carnes at Holywell. Letters written by him are preserved in the Edward Jones (Bardd y Brenin), Thomas and David Pennant, and Walter Davies (Gwallter Mechain) collections in N.L.W. — e.g. in N.L.W. MSS. 165, 1807, 1893, 2590-1, and 4877-8. He died 17 December 1854.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC-RUU/1.0/