b. 13 Jan. 1870, he was the son of Thomas Rees, Cloth Hall, Llandovery. He was educated at Llandovery College and Jesus College, Oxford; he graduated in 1894. Later he taught at Sherborne, Rossall, and Giggleswick schools. He was the first Welshman to captain the Oxford Rugby Club, and it was he who introduced the four three-quarter game — he himself played at centre-three-quarter. He played for many prominent clubs; Cardiff, the Barbarians, the ‘London Welsh’, Richmond, Blackheath, and, for four years, with Llanelly. He played on three occasions for Wales (1892-4) and he was a member of the first Welsh team to win the ‘Triple Crown’. He spent the last thirty years of his life as a master and headmaster in the north west provinces of India; he d. 30 Aug. 1932.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/