The first reference to him is to be found in the Episcopal Registers of St. David's, 28 May 1398, where he is styled ' doctor of laws and rector of Aberedowy.' The Papal Letters of 17 Kal. June 1401, give a dispensation to him, a sub-deacon, not to have himself ordained deacon and priest for ten years. On 6 Kal. June 1405 he, now styled doctor of the canon and civil law, was granted a renewal of a dispensation to hold Llanfeugan as well as Aberedw. On 2 May 1407 he was collated to a canonry in Abergwili and the prebend of Llandegle. From 1414 onwards he was employed extensively on foreign missions and played a prominent part in peace negotiations with France and was the main instrument in securing a renewal of a special truce with Flanders, 1416. He was made a Privy Councillor in 1419. As a bishop he was vigilant in putting down clerical abuses. In the autumn parliament of 1429 a suit against the abbot of Strata Florida was referred to him. He died at Bishop's Hatfield, Hertfordshire, 25 October 1435, and was buried in the church of the Charterhouse in London.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC-RUU/1.0/