Born in Caernarvon town, after some elementary schooling he was apprenticed in the Herald office, but he started to preach about the age of 20, and attended school at Clynnog and afterwards studied at Bala C.M. College. He was ordained in 1887. He held pastorates at Bagillt (1885-9), Penmachno (1889-99), Bethlehem, Colwyn Bay (1899-1911), and at Gwespyr and Gronant (1911-33). He died in hospital at Chester, 21 January 1933, and was buried in the Coed Bell cemetery, 25 January During his stay at Bagillt he married the daughter of Thomas Roberts, the relieving officer of that district. He was survived by a son and two daughters. T. M. Jones wrote extensively to Welsh periodicals and newspapers, but is best remembered for two books, Llenyddiaeth fy Ngwlad, which is a history of the Welsh newspaper and periodical (Holywell, 1893), and his biography of Roger Edwards of Mold (Wrexham, 1908). He was successful at the national eisteddfod in 1890 and in 1891 with essays on the Welsh press and on the newspaper and periodical in the Welsh language. He collaborated with Thomas Parry to write the history of the origins and growth of Calvinistic Methodism in Colwyn Bay and district (Dolgelley, 1909).
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/