Born at Bath, graduated (1st class in Mathematics) at Jesus College, Oxford, in 1834, took orders, and became headmaster of Ruthin school in 1839.
He was a prominent member of the Cambrian Archaeological Association from its foundation, was its secretary, 1854-75, and from time to time edited Archæologia Cambrensis, to which he contributed a long series of papers (list in Archæologia Cambrensis, October 1887, also in Williams, Llyfryddiaeth Sir Ddinbych, part 3). After retiring from Ruthin in 1865, he lived at Melksham House, Wiltshire, where he died 9 August 1887; he was married, and had a son and a daughter.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/