b. at Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, 24 July 1835, son of the Rev. Hugh Parry. He was carpenter, shepherd, estate agent, writer, and poet, and owner of an exceptionally rich and varied library (now in N.L.W.). He was the author of the supplement in the 1893 edition of Hanes y Merthyron (by Thomas Jones of Denbigh) (1756 - 1820), of an article on ‘Helynt y Degwm’ (Y Traethodydd, 1887), etc. A member of the first Denbighshire county council, he was an eloquent speaker and wise leader; he addressed many meetings in Wales and England on land reform. He d. 3 June 1897.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/