Born in Dewisland, Pembrokeshire. He entered the University of Oxford in 1515, proceeding B.C.L. in 1522 and D.C.L. in 1525. Soon afterwards he became principal of S. Edward's Hall. He took holy orders and became rector of Walwyn's Castle, Pembrokeshire, and subsequently he held many preferments in the dioceses of Lincoln and Exeter. He was appointed bishop of S. Davids by queen Mary in 1554, holding the see till he was deprived of it by Elizabeth in 1559. He then retired to Wolvercote, near Oxford, where he died 23 December 1559. He was buried at Wolvercote.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/