Very little has been recorded about him. At first the ‘congregational churches’ or the dissenting congregations of Montgomeryshire, known as the Church of Montgomery, comprised Independents, Baptists, and Quakers, all under the charge of one minister who had a number of assistants. It seems likely that William Jarvice was originally one of these assistants; we first come across his name (in 1703 or 1713) as joint minister, with Reynallt Wilson, of the Llanbryn-mair congregation which, at that time, worshipped in the Tŷ Mawr conventicle; after Wilson's death, some time between 1715 and 1720, it fell to Jarvice's lot to minister to all the congregations in the county. About 1733 he moved to Llanfyllin and confined his activities to that congregation. It is thought by some that he left Llanbrynmair because of his views on baptism. In 1743 he died at Llanfyllin, and was buried there.
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/