IEUAN DDU ap DAFYDD ab OWAIN (Ieuan Dafydd Ddu, Ieuan Dafydd ab Owain), (fl. c. 1440-1480), a poet of Glamorgan.
Name: Ieuan Ddu Ap Dafydd Ab Owain
Area of activity: Poetry
Author: Ray Looker
Nothing is known about him, and no proof exists for connecting him, as Iolo Morganwg does, with Ieuan Ddu, ancestor of the family of Dyffryn, Aberdare. A number of cywyddau are attributed to him in manuscript, but the only certain example of his work appears to be the cywydd to Ieuan Gethin ap Ieuan ap Lleision.
- Jones and Lewis, Mynegai i Farddoniaeth y Llawysgrifau (1928)
- H. Blackwell, NLW MSS 9251-9277A: A Dictionary of Welsh Biography
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- G. J. Williams, Traddodiad Llenyddol Morgannwg (1948), 26, 27, 37
- Wikipedia Article: Ieuan Ddu ab Dafydd ab Owain
- Wikidata: Q5990126
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC-RUU/1.0/