DAFYDD ap MAREDUDD ab EDNYFED (fl. c. 1460), a poet about whose life nothing is to be found.
Name: Dafydd Ap Maredudd Ab Ednyfed
Area of activity: Poetry
Author: Ray Looker
An example of his work remains in manuscript, this being a cywydd written in 1460 on the occasion of the return of Richard, duke of York, from Ireland, his new campaign against Henry VI, and the hasty summoning of Parliament late in the same year. Unfortunately, this same poem is attributed in various other manuscripts to Dafydd Llwyd ap Llywelyn ap Gruffudd and to Llywelyn ab Ednyfed alias Llywelyn ap Maredudd ab Ednyfed.
- NLW Archives: Llanstephan MS 54: Poetry (27)
- NLW Archives: Llanstephan MS 120: The Book of Jaspar Griffith (198)
- Jones and Lewis, Mynegai i Farddoniaeth y Llawysgrifau (1928)
- Cymru yn hanesyddol, parthedegol, a bywgraphyddol (1875)
- Geirlyfr Bywgraffiadol o Enwogion Cymru (1870)
Geiriadur Bywgraffyddol o Enwogion Cymru, i, 92
- Wikipedia Article: Dafydd ap Maredudd ab Ednyfed
- Wikidata: Q20732731
Published date: 1959
Article Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC-RUU/1.0/